The Best-in-Class<https://www.gsa.gov/about-us/newsroom/news-releases/gsa-8a-stars-iii-contract-gets-new-designation-07212021> 8(a) STARS III GWAC is a small business set-aside contract that provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners. The 8(a) STARS III GWAC:
- Expands capabilities for emerging technologies,
- Supports both outside of the continental United States (OCONUS) and CONUS requirements,
- Features limited protestability up to $10M, and
- Offers expert guidance from the GSA team, including free scope review services and market research
- Contract Type: Governmentwide Acquisition Contract
- Ceiling: $50 billion
- Ordering Period: Five year base with one three year option, started July 2, 2021
- Task Order Types: Fixed price, time and materials, labor-hour or a hybrid blend
- Contract Access Fee: 0.75%, the same as GSA Schedules
- The 8(a) STARS III scope supports information technology and IT-related services. You can also buy hardware, software and related supplies as part of an integrated solution. Leasing is prohibited under GSA’s GWACs.
- 8(a) STARS III is an OMB designated Best In Class acquisition vehicle that provides agencies with access to highly qualified small business industry partners who offer innovative IT services solutions. 8(a) STARS III includes sub-areas to support emerging technology and OCONUS requirements.